The Layton Family October 2010

The Layton Family October 2010

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lily at 6 months!

Lily is only 6 months old, but she is such a good baby! (I hope that statement doesn't come back to haunt me...) When she gets sleepy/ grumpy, just put her in her crib with her Binkyand a burp cloth over her head and she falls right asleep. However, when we aren't at home she is more than happy to snuggle up and fall asleep too. We sometimes call her snuggles because she is so good at snuggling. She sleeps through the night (what more could I want). She doesn't have to be talked to or entertained every minute, she's just content to play on the floor. She loves to roll. If you put her on her back, she will be onto her tummy in no time.


Lily has what I like to call "The Layton Gene". She toots...A LOT and they are very stinky! She can most definitely clear a room. It's funny at home, but in public it can get embarrassing because no one would ever suspect Lily. She also has the "Aunt Julie" disease. Her hands and feet are usually very warm and sweaty.

Lily loves to blow raspberries and bubbles. We know she is awake in the morning because we can hear her blowing raspberries. She is also VERY ticklish. She's ticklish just about everywhere. Sometimes she giggles when I change her bottom, or when I am trying to put a bib on her. Here is a clip of her giggling. I said her name and she just started giggling for no reason. I couldn't rotate the image, so you will have to view it on it's side.



Here are Lily's stats from her 6 month well check:
Length: 24.7 inches = 13%
Weight: 14 lbs = 21%
Even though she is small for her age, she has plenty of rolls to spare. Just look at all of the rolls on her bottom and arms. However, we call them "muscles" at our house.

Lily is such a good and easy baby, very low maintenance. She's is always smiling and happy and she LOVES her big brother!

3 comments:

Judy said...

That is the cutest video of Lily laughing! Katelyn wants me to keep on playing it over and over again. She's darling and I love her "muscles"!

Doreen said...

So So cute! I love her in the Bumbo. she is a doll.

Layne and Natalie said...

I didn't know Lily was 6 months - here is something funny - I took Cael to his 6 month appointment yesterday, he's 21 pounds and 28 inches long - be glad Lily isn't that big, he so heavy to lug around every where!!