The Layton Family October 2010

The Layton Family October 2010

Monday, October 6, 2008

LIFE

After 5 hours of cleaning my house (vacuuming, sweeping, taking out the garbage and dishes), it is now 1:00pm. It took 5 hours because I had a lot of interruptions (Luke teasing Lily, Luke "helping", Lily being oversensitive and pretending to cry, lunch time, 3 diaper changes, feeding Lily three times, and getting 2 kids dressed, etc. etc...). So needless to say, it is 2:00 pm, I haven't showered, Luke just went down for a nap, and Lily just woke up from a nap, which = no nap for me. But I really can't help thinking, "I have the best life!" I wouldn't switch places with anyone. I have an AMAZING husband who is perfect in every way. He is thoughtful, he is a wonderful dad who gets up in the middle of the night with the kids. He changes Luke's diaper and feeds his breakfast every morning so that I can sleep for an extra 30 -45 minutes. He calls every night before he leaves work and asks if there is anything I need him to stop and get. He is silly and a tease and he is all mine!
I have two wonderful kids. Yes, there are days when I would much rather Kent stayed at home and I worked full time. But 99% of the time I love being a stay at home wife and mother. Luke is such a cute tease, and he's always saying silly things and jumping and running and dancing. It just makes my day! Lily is so cuddly and sweet and mild tempered. My house isn't always clean, my yard could use a lot of help, and I still have an extra 10 lbs to lose. But that's OK. This is my life and I LOVE it. Sure I have my problems, but who doesn't. Life is great because I get to spend each day with my family that I love!

3 comments:

Christina Olson said...

I am so jealous of you!!! I cannot wait until I can stay home and just be a mommy.Don't get me wrong, nursing is a great profession but I would rather be home most days. My hubby graduates in about a year, then it will be my turn :)

The Queen Bee said...

Layton... Yes, you really do have it all including a sister who thinks the world of you. :) And I love your children too. JBE

Becky Rasmussen said...

Heidi, I saw you're skinny legs at the volleyball tournament on Monday night and you do NOT have 10pounds to lose. Girl, enjoy your beautiful self now. Your kidlets are stinking cute. If you want to come clean my house next swing by = )