The Layton Family October 2010

The Layton Family October 2010

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tagged- Unspectacular Quirks of Mine

1. Link the person who tagged you...www.husbandandwifey.blogspot.com
2. Post these rules.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers

1. I have to wash my face and moisturize every night, no matter what. I can go to bed without flossing or sometimes even brushing (disgusting I know, sorry Sheryl), but I HAVE to wash my face. Even if I didn't wear make-up that day, I still have to wash my face and moisturize.

2. I have a serious foot fetish. I hate my bare feet on other's bare floors (hardwood, tile, linoleum, etc.). I hate feeling the dust bunnies and crumbs that attach to the bottom of my feet. It gives me the Hebe geebies! For some reason my own doesn't bother me at all. Even if the house is SUPER clean, I still feel like germs are attacking me. I blame it on the Microbiology class I took in college. We had to swab and culture bacteria off of floors, purses, walls, vending machines. Yes, I did grow up on a farm. But that was way before my Microbiology class. So if you seeing me wearing my socks in your home, just know that it is me, not you.

3. I prefer to eat with a knife and fork, European style. I spent 4 weeks in Denmark in 2003. While there, I tried their way of eating. A fork in the left hand and a knife in the right, not putting either one down while eating. It is actually much easier for me to eat that way. Now if I eat with just a fork, it takes a lot of concentration and it's much more difficult to eat. So I eat pretty much everything with a knife and fork, even dessert.


4. I have this thing with clean sheets. I LOVE clean sheets. I used to wash my sheets once a week; however, Kent thought this was too excessive. So now I wash them every other week. I really look forward to Tuesday (wash day at my house). And sometimes I look for reasons to wash them more. I attribute this to my sister Sheryl. When I was about 15 she told me I needed to wash my sheets every week, that it was disgusting not to. And ever since I have been loving the feel of my clean sheets on Tuesday's!


5. When I sleep, I like the blanket or sheet resting right between my chin and bottom lip. Strange I know. I think it keeps me warmer because my neck is covered. I also like to have it very cool in the room, and then be snuggled up warm in my bed with a lot of covers. However, I hate getting out of a warm bed when it is cold in the house. Go figure!


6. I jog on my toes. It started in high school when I discovered it really bothered my volleyball coach, Coach Curtis. We had that kind of relationship. So I would run and/or jog on my toes simply because it drove her mad, and now it is just one of those habits that has stuck with me. Now days, I will switch back and forth between running on my feet and on my toes.

3 comments:

Moto X Mama said...

I didn't know I had that much of an impact on you! But I LOVE your Unspectacular Quirks. I love to air dry my sheet so thier "crisp" but girl you must brush and floss...there are a TON of germs in your mouth! It's like a little village of Germies in there. Love Ya, Sheryl

Layne and Natalie said...

I love that you did stuff to drive Coach Curtis crazy too!! We should have egged her car or something! Your blog is so cute & so are your kids!

Judy said...

Yikes. PLEASE wear socks if you come to my house... I'm afraid you just might feel some grime and I'm afraid it would be me not you :) It was fun to read about your quirks.

I didn't know you played volleyball. I'm wondering if you play at the stake center on Thursdays... I haven't gone yet, but I'm thinking about it.