My Mom makes these amazing homemade rolls (Her mom made them when she was growing up). For years she has repeatedly given the recipe to my sisters. My sisters always claim that mom didn't give them the right recipe because they didn't turn out. It is kind of like the family joke that mom won't give out the true recipe (although she really does). In the last few years, my sister Doreen has had success with the recipe, but it was after many failed attempts. Most recently, my sister Julie had success after Mom came and gave her a bread lesson at her house. I've never tried for the fear of failure. Until Now! I was feeling wild and crazy one Tuesday and decided to make them. I called Julie and got the recipe (the real recipe) and went to work. My first attempt was a SUCCESS!! However, I must admit, Julie gave me some coaching, "This is what worked for me.... Here is where I went wrong in the past..." Thanks Jules for the coaching and Mom for the legacy of great rolls.
Here is Luke in the kitchen, "helping" me.

So far...So good...
A masterpiece in the making.
The finished product!
2 comments:
And... They were FABULOUS! Great Job Martha Stewart, I mean, Heidi Layton!
They look a lot like the rolls my family has past down for generations, I think they at least go back to my great-grandma if not further. I have only attempted mine a few times and now I don't like to spend the time, since Megan can't have anything with eggs in them. Congrates on having success your first try, they look yummy.
Post a Comment