The Layton Family October 2010

The Layton Family October 2010

Monday, January 19, 2009

Luke's Sensitive Side

The other day I was watching Luke play and I was amazed at what I saw. First he lay down the burp cloth down like a blanket. Then put Lily's baby doll down on top of it. Next he ran into his bedroom and got a diaper. He put the diaper underneath her. Then he went and got the box of wipes. He proceeded to get out a wipe, hold both the baby's legs with one hand and wipe her bottom with the other. Next he ran back into the bedroom and got another diaper, a "clean" one he informed me, and put it underneath the baby. Then he put the "clean" diaper on, picked up the baby and gave her a kiss. It was so cute to watch! Later that night he told me that the baby needed her bottom changed again. Luke is so obsessed with trucks and tractors and airplanes that it was cute to see him playing with the baby.

3 comments:

Judy said...

He is a cutie. I didn't get a chance to tell you about nursery. He did fine, until we were doing the lesson and we talked about families. Every time someone said "dad" he started to cry for his dad. I would say, "Dad is changing Lily he'll be right back" but he wouldn't stop. But it was so funny, I started to ask him questions, and he seemed to forget and he'd stop. So, I'd say "Is Lily a baby" and he'd say "yes" and stop. Then the next time he started to cry, I'd ask another question like "does Lily wear a diaper" and he'd stop and say "yes" and he survived!

KoOie said...

Heidi, He is so dang cute!! I love that he was changing Lily's baby. What a doll!! Hope your doing well! Love ya!

Moto X Mama said...

He is so cute!!!