The Layton Family October 2010

The Layton Family October 2010

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Morning

Luke woke up around 7:30 am. He didn't quite know what was going on, but he did know that Santa had left "gum and nuts" in his stocking so he was excited! Santa left Luke a race track for his cars (which he loved). He played with it for a bit, opened a present (some cars), and then went into the spare bedroom to play with some of Grandma's toys. We tried to encourage him to open his presents but he wasn't very interested. At one point he was over playing with the blinds on the french doors. We thought it was pretty funny. I'm sure next year will be completely different . Lily got a doll and some tights. We had a wonderful Christmas (except that Lily didn't sleep a wink). She was up 10 times in 8 hours. I'm not sure who was more exhausted by morning, me or her. Luke got a pack of gum that contained 5 sticks. Each time I saw him, he had a new piece of gum in his mouth. We couldn't figure out where he was hiding the pack of gum. We followed him and soon found that he had hidden the pack of gum under a bed. He then proceeded to pull out the last 2 sticks and put them both in his mouth. Needless to say, he had chewed and swallowed the whole pack within a few hours. I figured, it's Christmas, he might as well enjoy it while he can! I love Christmas time. I think my favorite part is being with family and the spirit of giving and thinking of others. Everyone is more thoughtful and willing to serve at this time of year. I really do wish Christmas could last the whole year round!

No comments: