Luke loves the snow. He LOVES it! But he doesn't really like to touch it or walk around in it. He goes outside to "help" Kent shovel the walks, but he always sticks to the sidewalks. So today I tried to get him to branch out a little bit and play in the snow. "We" built a snowman and made snow angels. He didn't really get the whole "building a snowman" thing. But he did tromp around and through the snow at least. When "we" were finished building "Frosty" I tried to get Luke to stand next to it so I could take his picture. He was terrified! He wanted me to hold him. So I took him over and helped him touch Frosty and tried to show him that Frosty was just snow. That helped a little, but not much. He still wouldn't get too close to it (as you can see in the pictures). After we made snow angels. Luke was a pro at snow angels!

NOTE: I couldn't find any rocks or coal for the eyes so I used broccoli instead!
By this time we needed to go inside for lunch. I told Luke, "Say goodbye to Frosty". So he said goodbye. Then he would get half way into the garage and turn around and run back out to Frosty to say goodbye again. This happened about 3 times before he finally made it into the house. Then as he was eating his lunch, Luke kept asking, "Frosty needs lunch?" "Frosty drinks milk?" And he kept asking for Frosty. When lunch was finished I told him to go look out the front window at Frosty. He stayed at the window saying, "Ohhh, Ohhh, I see Frosty! Frosty! I see Frosty!" Some days (or moments) are just perfect and I wish they could last forever!
My snow angel on the left and Luke's on the right.

A close up of Luke's snow angel.
5 comments:
That is a cute little narrative.
How fun! Next year I bet he won't be able to wait to go play in the snow. Glad you guys are enjoying it.
You have a beautiful family!! I'm a blog stalker, and so I found yours from someone elses. Good to see you and your darling kids!! And you sounds like a fabulous and very fun mom!! Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!!
Oh, such cute little snow angels. I will have to do that with my kids.
So cute, I tried a snowman too, and my son just wanted to knock it down, go figure!
Post a Comment