The Layton Family October 2010

The Layton Family October 2010

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

He Gets It From His Daddy...

I know every mother thinks their child is intelligent, including me. But when Luke learned his ABC's I was shocked. Probably because I still think of him as a toddler and not a big boy. However, he is 2 years old now. He turned 2 about a month ago and he's known his ABC's for about 3 weeks. Not just singing the ABC song, but when we drive down the road he will see letters on signs and say, "B, basket" or "U, umbrella" or "I-insect, T-daddy's tie, L-Luke, D-duck, F-fish" and the list goes on and on. He has always loved watching The Wheel of Fortune but now it has a whole new meaning since he can recognize the letters. I never noticed how many letters are on television until Luke started pointing them out.
I say he gets it from his daddy because Kent has always loved learning. As a boy, Kent's family went on vacation driving across the country. To keep Kent entertained, his dad would write out math problems for him to solve, and Kent loved it. Luke is so much like Kent it is unreal. I guess that is why they say, "Like father, like son."

3 comments:

Judy said...

Are you saying that Luke's muscles and Kent's muscles look the same?! Just kidding. He's a cutie. Isn't it funny what they get from their daddies? I remember having the nature vs. nurture debate in college and I just don't know. Some of those things just come with the kid! What a cutie.

Christina Olson said...

He's so smart, just like his mommy!!!

Jana said...

That is amazing that he knows his letters! Wow, I've got to start drilling Parker so he can catch up. :)