I am certain everyone is wondering: "Is Heidi Pregnant?" or "Did Kent finally lose his marbles and let Heidi get a kitten?" or "Did Heidi actually get the Honda minivan she's been dreaming about?"
It's none of the above, but oh, it's good!! Today.....We....Got.....Direct TV and DVR!!! Yes, we finally broke down and got it. Now Kent isn't running down to the basement during commercials and running back up for his program (Wipe out and I Survived a Japanese Game Show)-however, it was great exercise for him. I don't have to holler down the stairs "Honey, your show is back on!!" But hollering down the stairs did bring back a lot of great childhood memories. Growing up, our house was small, so if you needed someone downstairs, you would just holler at them, "Dooorrreeen tellllllephooooone!"
I didn't realize how much we were living in the stone age until I was talking to my sister Hollie. I told her that we were getting direct TV and DVR and she replied, "well what were you using before now?" I told her we only got the regular channels from antenna, and she said, "OH, really?"
I already have about 6 shows programed to record. Just the important shows like: Wheel of Fortune, Price is Right, Wipe out, I Survived a Japanese Game Show, Nancy Drew-the movie. And I can't wait to record the Olympics!!! (I missed the swimming trials last Sunday) I'm not really excited about the new channels, just the DVR and being able to watch all of the BYU football games this year!!
The best part: my DVR doesn't whine at me, it doesn't wake me up at 1:00 am, 3:00am, 5:00am, and 7:00am, (that was Lily last night-isn't she sweet!) However, like everything else in the world, it does cost me money each month. Oh well, I guess that is the price we pay for luxuries!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Trust me the DVR is the best invention ever! There is no way to go back once you have had it!
Congratulations, With the DVR you really don't need the Honda minivan, because You Have All You'll ever need in that little silver box. Dvr is the best especially with kids. dirty diaper, Pause and change the diaper. Dinner, Pause and eat. I record everything, Check out the food network and hgtv. I also LOVE the WE tv. (Womens Entertainment)Don't get to caught up in Lifetime, it has all of the sappy womens stories, way worse than WE TV. If I don't hear from you for about 2 months I'll understand. Enjoy the new entertainment.
You are one funny gal. We record everything and watch when the kids go to bed so we can actually understand what we are watching. Your grass is coming in great, by the way.
I'm on a DVR strike! ok...just until we can afford one. I'm just glad I don't really know what i'm missing. Don't you ever wish you could go back to being happy without all this technology? Like back before we had cell phones? I never knew i needed one, then once I had it for a while...I realized i'd be paralyzed without it...How did we ever function? Funny huh...Well you enjoy your new additions, Chad and i will stay with our 6 fuzzy chanels a little longer.
Post a Comment