If you look closely you will see Luke's little arms peeking out from underneath George. Each night it is a little treat to see how Luke is sleeping. He is always in crazy positions and usually snuggled up next to George. This is the first time I have dared to take a picture. I don't want to take the risk of waking him up (you've heard the saying..."Don't wake a sleeping dragon").
Who is George??
For those of you who don't know. I got George for my 12th birthday from my sister Doreen (thanks again Doreen). I slept with him every night until I got married. (that's when I got a real live snugly Teddy bear named Kent) I wasn't obsessed or anything. George never went on sleepovers, he was just like a body pillow with arms. When I got home from my honeymoon, I went to get the rest of my belongings from my mom's and found this note on George:
"Dear Heidi LAYTON
Thanks A LOT!!! I really wanted to go to Hawaii too... but NOOOOOO! You left me at Mom's house! We're fighting!!
-George"
I am pretty certain it was my sister Norma who wrote the note. But George went into a box and that is where he stayed until Luke found him about 4 months ago. Luke latched onto him and hasn't looked back. He loves him and sleeps with him every night. Sometimes when Luke won't do things like get dressed or let me put his shoes on, I talk like a bear and pretend like it is George talking to him. It always works. So thanks again Doreen. George is still being loved!
5 comments:
Soo Cute! Also love the DOLL next to Luke. Does Kent know about this?! Maybe you should have a talk w/ George - is he jealous of Luke - looks like there might be something sinister going on! Just kidding.
--JBH
I forgot all about that bear. Glad that he is still in the family. Maybe George could teach Luke about staying in bed until 8 am that would be the real trick!!
Hello Heidi, of course I remember you!!!! so you have two little adorable kids. it looks like you just had a little precious girl. congrats!!!How fun. It is good to see what your life has brought you this far. keep in touch.
Heidi, how could we forget George. That picture is really cute! Maybe Luke will sleep with George until he gets married and then he can pass it onto his children. :)
Hey Heidi! That is the cutest picture of Luke. What a funny kid. I'm so sad I missed maggie moo's. Seriously it was such a busy week. But I'm coming the middle of Aug so maybe we can try it again! :)
Post a Comment