So far Claire has been a very good baby. For the first week and a half she would wake up and eat about every 1 1/2 hours during the night. Which meant I had about 30 min of sleep after feeding, burping and changing her. However, for the last week she has been eating every 3 hours.
Claire really is getting so big! I wish I would have taken more pictures of her the first week. On day 11 she had gained 11 ounces (she was up to 5# 6 oz). Needless to say, she is packing on the weight! She even has chubby little squirrel cheeks.

Claire really does have SO much hair! Lily was mostly bald so I am LOVING all of the hair. This is Claire after she has had a bath. Her hair sticks up all over the place like a fuzzy little ducky. Notice her chubby checks!

Here are Claire's measurements:
Her wrist is 2 3/4 inches around -that is about the size of a nickle.
Her ankles are 3 inches around.
Her hip bone to heel is 7 1/2 inches long -that is the length of my pointer finger and thumb extended (imagine if you are to make an L with your fingers).
She has to wear Newborn clothes. The Preemie clothes fit well except that she is too long for them!

Claire was on Bili lights for the first 2 days after coming home from the hospital. This is her sunbathing. Notice how big her diaper is!
4 comments:
She's darling! Congratulations!
Oh my gosh the hair! I haven't seen her for a whole week and she has gotten alot bigger! She is so beautiful Heidi- Well Done Mama!
Congratulations! Susan just told me the other day you had your baby! She is so cute! I love your hair too - very sexy!
Oh Heidi,
She is adorable. I am so happy that you are both doing so well.
Post a Comment