The Layton Family October 2010

The Layton Family October 2010

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dancing Lily at 16 months.

So when we went to Cancun (see previous post), Luke and Lily stayed with Kent's sister, Melanie. Melanie owns a dance studio where she teaches dance beginning at age 3. I didn't realize until Kent's mom was over and pointed it out to me (I'm a very uneducated and uncoordinated when it comes to dance), that Melanie had taught Lily a thing or two! Melanie had taught Lily to hold onto the freezer door handle like it was the bar, and then to do a few moves!



This is Lily with her leg out and extended.This is Lily practicing her point! Notice how pointed her toes are!



Lily Absolute LOVES it! We will say, "Lily, dance for us! Show us how to dance!" And she will hold onto what ever is near and do her dance moves! Melanie is obviously very talented if she can teach a 16 month old how to dance! Thank you again Melanie! Our kids still keep asking for you, and really wish we lived closer (she is 40 minutes away, sorry to disappoint)!

6 comments:

norma said...

Wow! She got all of her dance moves from her Dad- for sure! She has such spunk - I love her!

Jana said...

oh, that's just darling.

McKays said...

She's a natural!

Hollie said...

This is the cutest thing ever. Maybe she can teach Shia a thing or two when she gets a little older. Also thanks so much for the grocery help! You are such a great sister!

Kendall and Melissa said...

So cute! I'm always amazed by little people of this age who seem to do amazing things. I really wish I could read minds sometimes...

Kendall and Melissa said...

We live in Peoria Illinois now. We've been here for over a year. Kendall got a great job right after graduation, but then the economy really hit hard here and there have been thousands of layoffs. So we are back to the job search and keeping our fingers crossed on this latest interview!