The Layton Family October 2010

The Layton Family October 2010

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bruno and Cinderella

Lately Luke has been on a "Bruno" kick (you know, the dog on Cinderella). He insists upon being called "Bruno". Even if I say, "Come on Sweetheart." Luke will say, "No! Bruno". It's great when we're at the store and I'm calling him Bruno. I get some pretty strange looks.
Lily got a Cinderella doll for Easter. "Bruno" seems to think it's his (of course). Not only does he carry it around the house with him, but he wants you to ask Cinderella questions and he answers by nodding Cinderella's head "yes" or "no". Last night "Bruno" wouldn't go to bed. He was throwing a tantrum. The only thing that calmed him down and into bed was Cinderella "talking" to him. We ask, "Cinderella, do you think Bruno should get in bed?" And since we are holding Cinderella, she of course nods her head yes.
{ My family, especially Norma and Curtis, used to do this with stuffed animals. I can't image where he got this from} Norma, when Luke started doing this with Cinderella, I couldn't help but think of you!

7 comments:

KoOie said...

That is sooooo cute, and funny! I miss you and your babies! Why the heck is it so hard to get together?? We live 15 minutes from each other! :) Well we should try to get together soon hunny! I sure love you! Have a great day!

Judy said...

That is too sweet! I will make sure to call him Bruno in nursery.

Friskies said...

Heidi he is so cute! LOL Jax is the same way with Tielers princesses, He only wants them though if Tie is playing with them. It's so funny how they take possession over the sibilings toys.They automatically assume that all toys are theirs. hahaha. Whether they are a princess or not! Miss you!

Norma-No-Blog said...

I loved this! I replayed it over and over. He has a natural talent for puppeteering! Especially when Cinderella gave him loves. so funny! I love him

McKays said...

They are growing up too much! I miss them! Make sure they remember me!

Heather said...

This is so cute.

Rachel Smith said...

That is so cute!! I remember when my little sister Hannah was on a kitty kick. She only meowed and wanted to do tricks for us like hold marshmallows on her nose! She was a hit to everyone around us in sacrament meetings!
Good luck with Bruno!