I knew this day was coming, but secretly I was hoping it never would. Sure, Luke is 2 1/2 years old. But some kids continue until they are 3. But alas nap time is coming to an end. I love nap time. I get so much accomplished. But lately Luke won't nap. He will sit and play in his room with the door closed for 1-1 1/2 hours (bless his heart) and finally I will go down and tell him, "It's quiet time. Let's go watch a show." And then I'll put on Cars or Cinderella. For a while he was hit and miss so I would bribe him (I know, I'm a horrible mother) with his favorite snack if he took a nap. But even the bribes weren't working.
Although, I have to admit, Luke is a really good boy. I tell Luke to watch his show and that I'm going upstairs to take a nap. When his show is over, he turns off the TV, sneaks upstairs into my room and whispers, "Oh...Mama's sleeping". Then he goes out into the front room and plays with his trucks until I drag myself out of bed (usually about 5 minutes later). Luke...you sweet boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, what a sad day! Avri will be 4 in July and I still make her have "nap time." I let her decide if she is tired enough to take a nap or if she just wants to sit quietly in the bedroom. But I think I would seriously go insane without that little bit of quiet time every day. I'm a much better mom with it. And it took me a while to get all 3 kids to have the same quiet time. I just can't give it up!
Post a Comment