The Layton Family October 2010

The Layton Family October 2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010

An Update...more for my journal...skip...skim..whatever

My children seem to be growing up too fast!
Luke: He is our little police man. He always very quick to let me know when I am wrong. He lives to torment Lily and begs her to play with him in the same breath. He has recently noticed Claire and loves to talk to her and give her loves. He "babysits" her for me while I am in the shower. Luke can strap himself into his car seat, he gets Lily and himself milk out of the fridge. And while I am feeding Claire, and can't help him, he will get out 3 bowls (one for me, Lily and himself) and rummage in the pantry until he emerges with snacks for all of us. He loves being "in charge" and trying to tell Lily what she can and can't do and what her consequences will be. Luke is a great helper and loves to help me in the kitchen (especially in the kitchen). He helps me put away the dishes, pour the measured ingredients into the bowl. The other day he washed all of my potatoes and then cleaned all of the peels out of the sink. He always wants me to be where he is. Luke is not one to just go downstairs and play on his own. He either needs me or Lily with him. Lately Luke has started saying, "I don't love you Mama" and not in a teasing voice or way either. I will say, "give Mama a hug" and he will respond, "OK, but only a little one because I don't really love you that much" (Where does he learn these things!!) It really just breaks my heart and makes me want to cry! I just have to say, "I still love you Luke".

Lily: Lily is "my little vinegar" or my "sweet and spicy". She is so sweet and cute and so much fun....but watch out if she is hungry or tired!! I am hoping it is just because she is 2..... Lily LOVES her daddy (all my children prefer Daddy!) if Daddy is home I can't help her, only Daddy. Lily loves wearing dresses and skirts. She has a purple, tulle, play skirt that she loves to wear. She has recently discovered pockets and puts EVERYTHING in them. I had her empty her pockets because we were going somewhere and it was like a black hole! How her pocket held that much I will never know! She also has a thing with keys. My dad gave me some old keys and she carries them all around the house. She also has a love for purses and shoes. Make-up bags, gift bags, you name it and it becomes her purse. In our entry way we have a coat rack and she hangs her purses and "treasures" on the bottom part of the coat rack. Lily loves shoes and is always trying to pick out shoes for me to wear. She is very disappointed when I won't wear silver, strapy heels to the grocery store. She has some princess clip on earings that she loves to wear, but usually we can only find one and that is just fine with her, one is better than none! Lily isn't much of an eater. She loves trail mix for the nuts and raisins (she could eat nuts all day long). But when it comes to getting her to eat her dinner or lunch...good luck. Lily is also my little "Dori" (the scatter brained fish on Nemo), for example: the other night she and Luke were arguing over who's turn it was to say the prayer at dinner. After Kent decided it was Lily's turn he said, "OK Lily go ahead and say the prayer" Lily, with a blank stare said, "Ummm my milk has kitties on it...." Kent replied, "OK, Lily please say the prayer now." and Lily said, "and butterflies too!" (remember just seconds before she was begging to say the prayer). But she is smarter than a whip the next moment and rambles on about doing experiments and explaining everything to us.

Claire: "Claire Bear" or "Kitty Claire". When she cries, she really does sound like a kitten. She is my little sweetheart (except when she has crying fits which is becoming less and less.) She usually sleeps about 7-9 hours straight each night (I know I am SO spoiled). And when she wakes up to eat, she doesn't cry, she just whimpers and smacks her lips. Claire will start to get grumpy and fussy in her crib and as soon as she sees me she smiles real big and starts kicking her legs. She has just started to roll from her tummy to her back. She is a HUGE Binky girl. She goes to sleep on her own and prefers to just being wrapped up with her Binky. She is s big talker and loves to watch Luke and Lily.

2 comments:

Ali said...

It's so fun to read about your kids. They sound so cute... and so normal. Luke's "I don't love you" will pass. :)

Norma said...

"My milk has kitties in it..." OH!! I love it!! She's such a pistol! All your kids are adoreable!