The Layton Family October 2010

The Layton Family October 2010

Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's been a while....

Yes, I know. I haven't blogged in ages. I'm sure most of you haven't noticed. But for all of our adoring fans (Norma....and....yeah, pretty much just Norma) this is for you!
Here's what we have been up to: Luke is getting bigger and smarter by the day. He remembers everything! I really have to be careful of what I tell him because he will remember. Sometimes he is a big help with Lily (reading her books, finding things for her...) and a lot of the times he is a REALLY BIG tease! He is bored to tears when she is napping and wants my constant attention. And like every oldest child, he is constantly trying to see what he can get away with and pushing as many buttons as possible.
Lily as of late will say, "Potty practice" and insist on getting up on the toilet to potty. She has been doing this for about a month now. She not really ready to potty train, she just wants some M&M's. We have told both Luke and Lily that for every time they potty in the toilet they will get M&M's. So Lily will get up on the toilet, sit there for a minute and they say, "I tinkled! M&M's???" However, we don't want to discourage her from "practicing" so we go along with it. Maybe someday it will happen. She is almost too little to hold herself up there so we usually have to put a hand behind her so she won't fall in. I'm certain she will HATE me for taking these pictures when she is older.

Lily is almost more of a tease than Luke is. She can dish it and push Luke's buttons with the best of them.

Luke and Lily would be lost without each other! They really are the best of friends. However, they need a full time referee. I hear on a regular basis from Lily in a cry/whine, "LUKE!!! TEASING ME!!!" Or Lily will come running to me, begging to be picked up because she has stolen the toy Luke was playing with and he is chasing her at full speed to get it back. All the while the both are screaming and crying. Good times. Good times.





9 comments:

Norma said...

1st of all - THANK YOU!!!!!
The kids are so. dang. CUTE! Yes, Lily will forever hate that picture but look how happy she is in it! She is THRILLED! "Hey, I am naked on the potty! Take a picture and post it on the internet!!" It just goes to show you what some people will do for M&M's...its a genetic thing. It's a good thing Luke had Lily to push his buttons right back...I feel sorry for the ref! Hang in there!

Marissa said...

Hey, I am one of your fans as well! Lily just looks like a tease by that little sneaky smile on her face. Riley actually knows what is means to 'pee', but he is scared of the training toilet we have. Are they really old enough for this?

Kendall and Melissa said...

Too cute! Sadie has been wanting to sit on the potty lately too. Talmage is potty trained now and it's encouraged her. She hasn't gone yet, but some day... Maybe before this next baby is born. That would be great!

Anonymous said...

We are definitely fans!!! The kids are so cute! We miss you guys!

KoOie said...

Heidi, your babies are so cute and getting so big!! I love lily's potty face! What a crack up!! How are you feeling these days hunny? Can I do anything for you?? How long do you have? Let me know if you ever need anything friend :)

Hollie said...

Oh, Lily is so adorable. I am also a big fan! We need to get together and let our rascals play together. I can't believe she is trying to "potty" already. What a big girl.

McKays said...

Hey, the m&m potty trick worked for me...been potty trained a solid nearly 22ish years now.

Doreen said...

Your kids are adorable. I love the potty picture. The M&M thing works. I still am using it, no accidents for over 33 years! Luke looks so big in the picture where he is looking at the camera, oh where does the time go?

Unknown said...

Hey, We really miss you at stake basketball. How are you doing? Aren't you expecting? Anyways you got cute kids and they are so clever.

Kristal Gerber Christiansen